All Unbound programs are multi-disciplinary (all fields), and we invite undergraduate and postgraduate, domestic and international students at RMIT to apply.
No previous travel experience or academic prerequisites are required.
A $3,000 New Colombo Plan (NCP) mobility grant is available for Australian citizens completing a Bachelor’s or Bachelor's Honours degree and wishing to participate in the India, Nepal, Myanmar or Thailand programs. Contact the RMIT Global Experience Office for more information.
You may also apply for an OS-HELP loan of up to $7,998 for travel in Asia (subject to eligibility). Find more information and the application form here.
RMIT students can earn academic credit for an Unbound program by enrolling in RMIT's International Perspective on Community Development Short Course (HUSO1301), which is open to all faculties. Contact Patrice McLellan for more information.
Note for Design Students: All Unbound programs meet the requirements for the Design Action Program. Contact Simon Lockrey for more information.
Note for Engineering Students: All Unbound programs meet the requirements for 80 hours of Professional Engineering Work Experience.
How to Apply
1. Apply for your chosen program right here.
2. Get in touch with Patrice McLellan (any faculty), Simon Lockrey (design students) or your program coordinator to learn more about eligibility for work experience or academic credit.
3. Contact the RMIT Global Experience Office for more information about your eligibility for an NCP mobility grant.
4. Find more information about an OS-HELP Loan and fill out an application form.
5. Pack your bags and get ready for the experience of a lifetime!